Innovation is important nowadays at hihger education. Since the year 1997 I promoted, together with other teachers, the Grup d’Innovació Docent en Organització d’Empreses, GIDOE (Teaching and Learning Innovation Group at Business Organization). Since the year 2008 have been recognised as consolidated by the University of Barcelona, with code 2008GIDCUB/47.Arise with the purpose to contribute to improve Teaching and Learning at university by methodological innovations that allow to the students –of any education– incorporate, relate and assimilate concepts of business and economy, trying bring close the theory and professional practice. You can browse all the activities, projects, research and actions at our web.
Objectives of the Group
As for the purpose of this group is to contribute to the improvement of university teaching through methodological innovations that allow students -of any area of study- to incorporate, relate and assimilate the concepts of Business Management & Administration. Therefore with the intention of achieving this goal we will work on new teaching methodologies, on the improve of the work of teachers in the classroom and we will also make work of research that will be materialized in the publications.
The active working lines are:
In the field of motivation in higher education “engangement”
- Measure of the university students absenteeism and dropout
- Propose teaching innovations that promote an active class attendance
- Design of resources and strategies that develope the critical judgment of students
- Improvement of the teamwork, in teachers and students groups
In relation with the new teaching methodologies
- Improvement of the motivation and assimilation of concepts in classroom and making them easier to apply to reality and/or society.
- Innovation in assessment methodologies, especially applicable to big groups therefore more than 80 students
- Flipped classroom as a dynamic and interactive teaching method.
- Gamification to achieve that students absorbe better the knowledge and improve some abilities
- Problem-Based and Project-Based learning. That is to say design strategies and cases (visual and written) to use in classroom.
In terms of Professionalizing Learning
- Learning cross-disciplinary skills as an essential tool for any professional sector.
- Practices as a link between students and the working world
- Learning based on projects to bring students closer to the working world
In regards to tools in order to improve the learnings
- Analysis and development of the teachers work
- Mentoring to improve the relationship between students and teachers
- Objective assessment linked to the learning goals with the use of rubrics
- Improving the engangement from the students as a mechanism that help to improve the active class attendance.
Finally in reference to the last reflections of the Educational Process
- Final Degree Project (TFG)
- Final Master Project (TFM)